Cultivar Registration Form
Cultivar Registration Form
All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. The form will not submit if any required fields are left blank.
It can be helpful to review and/or print the cultivar registration checklist before typing the bloom information into the form to be sure that you have all the details at your fingertips.
PLEASE NOTE: NEW ACS RULES passed at the 2020 ACS Convention in Norfolk
A) Each Originator is limited to Five (5) Registrations per Calander Year.
B) Each Applicant registering a new cultivar and both of the Judges approving the new cultivar MUST present evience justifying why this cultivar is unique.
This could include statements such as the plant grows better, the flower has better form, color is improved, stamens stay yellow longer, etc.
- It is mandatory that you include at least FOUR (4) color, high resolution digital electronic photographs (approximately 1 megabytes each is optimum - a maximum of 10 megabytes each) with your application.
- The easiest way is to attach your photographs in the "ACS Cultivar Registration Form" - see below.
- If you would like to submit larger photographs, you may email them directly to Matthew Israel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach each photo to a separate email message to ensure the email server's file size limit is not exceeded.
- If you prefer to mail photographs, they must be high-resolution, electronic images and submitted on a CD/DVD or thumb drive. Printed photos are not acceptable.
- Please make certain that two different views of your flower are presented: (1) a frontal view looking into the face (top) of the bloom with NO measuring device present and (2) a side view showing the bloom height.
- In addition please submit (3) an overall view of the plant showing its growth habit and (4) a frontal view looking into the face (top) of the bloom with a measuring device present.
- For photograph (4) please include a coin or ruler in your picture to show relative size of bloom.
- It is requested that you take the photographs in "Landscape" format (an aspect ratio of 4:3 is best).
- Photograph (1) will be used for the American Camellia Yearbook.
Cultivar Naming Permission FormWritten authorization is required from persons whose names are proposed for new cultivars. You should download the Cultivar Naming Permission Form (PDF) and (1) fill it out and get the appropriate signature, (2) scan the document into a pdf and attach it in the application form - see below. If you cannot scan it, you can mail it to American Camellia Society, Attention: Matthew Israel, 100 Massee Lane, Ft. Valley, Georgia 31030.
Registering Your New Cultivar
Please make your correction(s)/omission(s) with 3 days!
If you need assistance, please call or email Matthew Israel at the ACS Headquarters. (877) 422-6355 or email@example.com.